If you do not have one, here is an alternative method:
- Use a thick-bottomed steel pan or a non-stick pan. Bring approx. 200 ml water to the boil and add an equal volume of rice.
- Boil the rice until all water has been absorbed (ca 5 min.).
- Add 1 litre of milk. Use either full-fat or semi-skimmed milk. Low-lactose and lactose-free products work just as well.
- Simmer the pudding on low for 15 min, stirring constantly to keep it from sticking to the pan.
- Cover with a lid and remove from the heat. Let the pudding sit next to the stove for another 45 min.
- Season with salt to taste and gently heat the pudding before serving.